Sunday, December 19, 2010

Happy Holidays (Virtual Mince Pies)

To all you lovely readers out there, I just wanted to wish you a very happy holiday with a plateful of virtual mince pies that I baked up just for you (my kids will eat them on your behalf).  I wish you a relaxing holiday with plenty of time to catch up on your favourite books.  What will you be reading?  I've got a stack that includes: Selected Poems of Dorothy Hewett (Kate Lilley, ed), The Vintage and the Gleaning by Jeremy Chambers, The Pleasure Seekers by Tishani Doshi, Sustenance by Simone Lazaroo, and Singing the Coast edited by Margaret Somerville and Tony Perkins, all of which I intend to read through January.  See you in 2011 with a swagfull of  reviews and interviews that include most of the above people and thanks to all of you for your support and participation this year.  For the full recipe and a little background on the pies, visit: http://www.redroom.com/blog/magdalena-ball/mince-pies-height-summer

1 comment:

  1. MMMM -delicious! thanks, Maggie and happy holidays to you, too! My eyes don't work well enough for me to read books any more, but I've discovered spoken books on CD - here are some things I've enjoyed over the last couple of months
    - The Echo Makers (Richard Powers) - another amazing, complex novel by Powers weaving together neuroscience, environmental protection and family relationships in a tale that asks us to look at how we see -- and don't see - each other.
    -Netherland (Joseph O'Neill) Set in New York City in the early 00's, an expat banker wakes up to himself and how he deals with relationships. Lots about cricket!
    -Lit (Mary karr) The latest volume of her stunningly written memoir tells the story of a surprising spiritual awakening.
    Too Much Happiness - Alice Munro's latest collection of short stories; she is wonderful as always!

    ReplyDelete